Texas Appellate Attorney
Tim Hootman has practiced law in Texas for more than 30 years, and has tried more than 150 cases. Of these, Hootman has handled federal and state jury trials in the following Texas cities: Anahuac, Angleton, Beaumont, Caldwell, Conroe, Cuero, Dallas, Fort Worth, Hempstead, Houston, Lavaca, Laredo, Liberty, Livingston, Menard, Refugio, San Antonio, Tilden, Zapata. He also handled a federal jury trial in Covington, Kentucky. He has handled federal and state bench trials in Galveston and McAllen, Texas, as well as Shreveport, Louisiana. He is a graduate of California Western School of Law. Formerly, Hootman held the position of Staff Attorney at the Texas First Court of Appeals.
Hootman has handled cases in all of the fourteen Texas Courts of Appeals, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, and the Supreme Court of Texas, and the California Court of Appeals in Santa Ana, California. He has also argued many cases in the U.S. Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit in New Orleans, Louisiana, and the Tenth Circuit in Denver, Colorado. He has filed multiple petitions with the U.S. Supreme Court in Washington, D.C.
In March of 2017, Hootman performed oral arguments in the United States Supreme Court case of Water Splash, Inc. v. Menon 581 U.S. ___, 137 S. Ct. 1504 (2017). The Menon case has world-wide signifigance for international service-of-process law.
Hootman has televised appearances on ABC, CBS, NBC, Telemundo, and Univision (he is fluent in Spanish). He has had multiple articles written about him in newspapers and magazines, including the Wall Street Journal, Houston Chronicle, Houston Press, Texas Lawyer, Texas Bar Journal, Law360, Bloomberg, and many small local newspapers in Baytown, Brownsville, La Porte, McAllen, Pasadena, Richmond, San Antonio, and Austin.
Hootman is a member of:
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court, Washington D.C.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, New Orleans, Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, St. Louis, Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, Denver, Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Washington D.C.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, Washington D.C.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Contact appellate lawyer Tim Hootman at 713.247.9548 or 713.366.6229 (cell) or send him an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).